Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween

Well I made it through another activity alive. We had the Halloween activity on Friday night and it seemed to be a success, even with the rain. It was a 6 hour activity for me though. Poor Chris he has to bear the brunt of it with a nursing baby that won't take bottles and kids running around crazy. What a trooper I have married. After the Christmas activity I will be starting my 3rd year doing activities and I am sure he will be happy when I have something different to do. We had a chili cook off, a carnival of games in the gym by the YW, a spook alley by the YM, and trick or treating around to the classrooms. That was the longest to clean up from. If it wasn't pouring outside we would have normally done that in the parking lot, but since the weather wasn't cooperating, we came inside and there were candy wrappers and trash everywhere. Clean up took almost two hours with a dozen people. I went as a BYU fan. This picture was taken after I got home at 10:30 p.m. so I hope I looked a little peppier throughout the evening. Michael was a ghost, and this was the first year we did any face paint, so he was proud of that. Alex has been changing her mind everyday about what she wanted to be, so she was a princess from her dress up clothes. In fact the exact same as last year, but she didn't seem to mind. Jordan was a ghost. Saturday I woke up not feeling well, but it turned out that we had a day off. Michael's soccer game was canceled since it was still raining, and Chris was home, so we each took a child on a date. I went with Alex to the mall to play and to get another hoop for my embroidery machine, and Chris took Michael to go hit golf balls with his new clubs from his birthday. They we sat and finished off season two of Battlestar Galactica after the kids went to bed. Saturday night got interesting though. Alex accidentally got double dosed with her allergy medicine and woke up at 1 a.m. wired and with a really high fever. I don't think she slept even a little the rest of the night. We finally just let her put in movies the rest of the night. I'm not sure I got more than an hour of sleep and Chris is a little heavier of a sleeper, but I don't think he got much either. When Michael woke up in the morning I was full blown sick, Alex had been up all night and Chris was tired. Papa was kind enough to come get Michael and take him to church for primary and I slept all morning, and then Chris slept all afternoon. Overall, not how I expected to spend my sabbath.

2 comments:

Mel said...

So cute Amanda, love the costumes and I am sure your activity was awesome!! You are so talented. I am sorry you got sick especially after a night like you had! Cute family.

threegirlmom said...

Cute costumes! Your kids are so cute. Sorry about your Sabbath!! Hope your doing better today!!