Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving and Haricuts

Happy Thanksgiving all! Ours was nice and quiet here. We went to Chris's grandparents house for dinner. It is much too crowded, but all went well and we ate food. On Friday I got up early and did a little bit of shopping, some great sales on DVD boxed sets for Chris, and a digital photo frame for Chris' parents. Then I came home and finished up all the embroidery for Cathy, I am finished with all her gifts this year, and cooked our own Thanksgiving dinner. Cornish game hens, mashed potatoes and gravy, tomato soup with Velveeta cheese, and pumpkin and pecan pie. On Saturday Chris watched some football and basketball games (go BYU!) and took the kids with him for a part of it, so I got a good chunk of my Christmas presents done. This year I am doing personalised embroidered (what else?) stockings. I think at last count I was up to 40 stockings that I am doing. They are cute though, elf boots for the boys, and high heeled boots for the girls. On Sunday I got a good portion of the Ward Christmas party gifts done. We are doing the symbols of Christmas this year and each family is getting a small favor bag with miniature ornaments inside and a sheet explaining how the symbols of Christmas relate to Christ. I have a committee meeting on Tuesday that I am getting ready for.
Last Wednesday, I was feeling a bit frumpy, so I went and got my hair cut and highlighted. This is the first time I have ever had it highlighted, and I am pleased. I went a lot shorter than I normally do, and got it stacked in the back. It looks nice. It was more expensive than I can afford very often, but we'll see how long it lasts.

2 comments:

Mel said...

You look darling!! I love it! Hope you are doing well, I think of you often!

Shaneen said...

I can't tell you how cute you look! I love your haircut!! You look fabulous!