We had a good Easter. On Saturday we went to Pap's house to celebrate Easter with Chris' family. It was very pleasant, which is always a nice surprise.
Sunday was church and then Mama and Papa came over with Easter baskets for the kids. Too bad we were all taking an afternoon nap and missed them. Monday I did an egg hunt for the kids and they got a few things from Chris and I. Tuesday Chris went with the youth to the temple and when he got back late that afternoon he took Michael and Papa for a little vacation. They went to Masanutten and stayed in a hotel and went swimming and go karting (not a hit) and played a round of golf on a real course. Michael's first time on a real course (big hit). At home I had a fun morning with Alex, we painted in the morning and then went to the park.
The weather has been wonderful lately. After lunch we hit Walmart and I picked up Enchanted. She loves it. I had intentions of painting her fingers which I have never done before, but Jordan wasn't as agreeable so we never quite made it to that. But I had a nice day and did nothing but play with her and try and make her feel special. We don't have any big plans or big vacations for spring break, but we wanted the two oldest to feel special and have fun with a parent. We try and make it out on individual dates with each of our kids at least once a month and are usually pretty sucessful, but it was nice to make it a whole day affair. Today I tried to help Jennie my friend out. She is pregnant with her seventh and seemed like she had a bad week, but she wouldn't let me help her any so we just ended up going to the park with the fifty thousand other kids, which I guess helped pass the time, but I wish I could do more....Chris got allergies or a head cold when he was up at Massanutten and has been in bed all day. At least it is spring break and he has nothing pressing to do.


2 comments:
What a good mom you are. Too bad Chris was in bed on his little vacation. Thanks for the nice card and gift!! You didn't have to do that... I just loved having you around. Have a good weekend!!
Okay...so I had to tell you, " I love your Easter Tree". Too cute!!!
Post a Comment