I haven't posted much lately because we have been having technical difficulties with our computer. The USB port has had trouble recognizing when it has a cord plugged in, and what's the fun of a post without pictures? First of all, I totally lucked out and my psoriasis breakout is extremely mild, and I feel very blessed. Totally dodged a bullet with that one. We just had spring break and had a very enjoyable week. On Monday we took the kids up to the temple since we missed going during Christmas because of Andi's arrival. The kids did wonderful in the car and enjoyed the visitors center and getting to touch the temple. On Tuesday Chris headed back up to the temple for the annual youth trip, and said he enjoyed himself immensely. All of the youth had their own family names to use and it really helped with the spirit there. On Wednesday Papa took Michael and Alex to the movies and I think we are finally past Alex's aversion to the theater. She seemed to really enjoy Monsters vs. Aliens. That night Michael and I went on a date to Cici's pizza and to Walmart to buy a toy with his Easter gift card from Mama and Papa. On Thursday Chris and Michael went fishing with Papa and even though they only caught one fish they both said it was really fun. That night I went on a date with Alex to McDonald's and to buy her toy with her Easter gift card. Michael got a light saber and Alex got a horrible, excuse me, wonderful singing microphone that she has been singing with nonstop. Jordan got a bubble blower thing and Andi got a new outfit. On Friday Alex had a playdate with a girlfriend to see the new Hannah Montana movie. Apparently it didn't matter that she had never heard of her before, because she is now firmly a fan. Uncle Justin came up and the kids always look forward to him coming. He had to get his electric piano fixed in Richmond and decided to stay the night. Chris and he went out to dinner and we stayed up talking for a while after they got home.

I spent all of Friday doing a wedding cake for a dear sister in the ward that got married. Emiko didn't have a preference on her cake, so I did cherry blossoms in honor of her Japanese heritage.




On Saturday we had Easter fun at Mama and Papa's with Amy and Ricky and their brood and to top off the week we had a wonderful Easter Dinner with the McQuades on Sunday. All in all one of the most enjoyable spring breaks that I can remember. Too bad all our pictures are still trapped on our camera. I'll have to spend a few moments and try and see what I can finagle there. It will be nice when Michael goes back to school tomorrow and we can get back on schedule a little bit better. Only 17 more days until my retreat!
8 comments:
That cake is amazing! No surprise coming from you!!! Can't wait to see you at the retreat!
AMAZING/BEAUTIFUL cake! You never cease to amaze me-what can't you do?! It does sound like you had a great week, glad to hear it! You have such an amzing family-we love you guys!
I know I have said this before-but you really are the most talented person I know!! Seriously talented!! Your amazing! What a fun spring break, your little chiln's are so lucky to have you guys as parents. :)
Holy cow, that Cake is professional!!! It is AMAZING! I should have had you make my wedding cake, I love it! You really need to be my neighbor. Can't wait to see you at the retreat!!!!!
Sounds like you guys had a great spring break. I love the cake!! I have to agree - you really are the most talented person I know! You make things look so easy!
I want to know how a mother of four, with one of those four being so little, has time to do such amazing things!?
A husband on spring break, so that I wasn't the "mother" that day!
What a cool cake!!! That is amazing. You are so talented lady. Looks like Easter was nice for you guys too.
Post a Comment