Thursday, December 11, 2008

Introducing...

Andrea McQuade Sorensen (Andi)

8 lbs. 2 oz. 20" long, born at 9:36 pm on December 8th, 2008.Lots of soft dark hair and our dear sweet angel.
Monday morning started and I had contractions every 5 minutes starting at 8 am. But I had also had two false alarms with this pregnancy so I wasn't holding my breath too much. They didn't bother me and I got lots of stuff finished up on Monday. Around 4 pm they got stronger and I called Chris to tell him to get anything done that he might need to, because I was determined not to be pregnant anymore. I called the doc around 5 to see who was on call and they were 3 minutes apart and lasting for a minute, but still manageable. My doc was on call, and told me to go ahead and come in, so we called Papa who was watching our kids and headed to the hospital. We got there around 6 pm. I was at a 5 and 100% and hooray I wasn't going to be pregnant anymore. Doc broke my water at 7 pm, and around 9 they got painful. In crappy labor for about 25 minutes and then needed to push. Pushed her out on the first push and all was well. 8 lb. 2 oz., 20" long. 1 stitch. She nurses well and aside from the sore in her foot (the pediatrician thinks she may have gotten a small burn from the heel warmer) we are well and SO happy to be home. My milk came in today and so far it is still manageable so I am grateful. The kids are way excited and happy to have us home, and Jordan walks around saying Baby, Baby every few minutes, so I think she might know that something has changed at home. We think she looks like Michael and Jordan's baby pictures, so it will be interesting to see who she looks like in a few weeks.

10 comments:

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

She is so beautiful. They are so much more fun when they are out!She just looks so sweet. I love the picture of the kids holding her. What a cute family. Glad your home and healing wonderfully. Congrats on your new little princess!!

Shannon said...

Such a gorgeous little girl! Congratulations! Sounds like it went pretty smoothly, for the most part and I am very glad to hear that. You have such a beautiful family!

Mel said...

Congrats on your new baby girl! Michael is going to love having 3 sisters and will get lots of ADVICE!

Megan and Jeff said...

Yah!! Congrats on a beautiful girl. She looks adorable. Hopefully your kids are all adjusting well and you are feeling fantastic...or at least as fantastic as possible, all things considered! We are so happy for you guy!!

Chris and Sally said...

I have been without a computer for a while and so happy when I clicked on your blog and saw you had your beautiful baby. Congratulations! I am so glad you are all doing well. You'll have to let me know how the transition from 3 to 4 is. Not that I'm thinking about it any time soon but maybe sometime.

jlohran said...

Awesome Amanda! What a cute, fun family!

Crystal Star said...

These are great photos! Alex's outfit is CLASSIC. I wonder how long she will hang onto the dark fuzz. Welcome Andi!

Chris and Amanda said...

Yeah, can you tell that dad let her pick out her outfit and the hair is probably left over from the last time I did it. Gotta love Daddy duty (Granted he was in hospital for most of the time with me!)

Chris and Amanda said...

And the dark fuzz lasts around four months. Then it turns blonde. At least that is what all the other three did... I'll guess we will see.

threegirlmom said...

Andrea is so beautiful. Your little family is so cute. Hope youare recovering well.