Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ARGHHH!

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. I got strep again. I have been out of commision since Saturday, doc confirmed it on Monday. Since I was diagnosed with guttate psoriasis 4 years ago, that means that I am in for another lovely round of looking like a horrible African disease for the next 9 months. I have done my best to avoid anyone who I hear of that has strep, but unfortunately I can't avoid my own children. Alex got a really nasty ear infection that was draining fluid and pus last week, and I assume that is my culprit. I only break out if I get strep, so I guess I should consider myself lucky that I have avoided it for this long. And since I have forwarning at least we can rush in and get family pictures early next week since it takes 2 weeks for the outbreak to occur. We haven't gotten a family picture since Andi was born and were already planning to get one soon, now I have the motivation to make sure it happens pronto. We have had a so so winter with illness this year, it hasn't been awful, but we seem to have had a slow trickle of someone always being sick to deal with, along with one big bout of the flu that hit everyone except Chris (thank goodness for the flu shot). Here's to hoping that we are all on the mend and spring brings with it much better health for the Sorensens.

2 comments:

Build It,Sew It,Love It said...

I am so sorry you got sick!! Ekkk. Please let us know if you need anything. I will pray it speeds though ya and you have a speedy recovery.

Megan and Jeff said...

I am so sorry! It sounds miserable. Hopefully it's quick to be done and you guys can enjoy a healthy spring!