Well, I have finally jumped on the bandwagon. I have read several friends' blogs over the past few months, but after reading Chris and Sally Weaver's blog, I decided it was finally time to set one up and put some of the time I spend wasting away at the computer to good use. I don't think I will even attempt to catch up on all that has happened lately, but just start from right now and move forward.
Today Chris has to go up to the Marriott Ranch to look over the handcart trail they will be using for Youth Conference. He seems to have settled down a bit after such a long night of stress and frustration. A few weeks ago when it became obvious that BYU would make it to the Big Dance in basketball, he and Joe d

ecided it would be a great get away to go see them play in the first and second rounds. So they of course didn't think too long about it and bought tickets to all four venues that BYU could play at and decided that they would just sell the tickets to the other venues after Selection Sunday. Well since that was obviously such a great and well thought out plan, having even more tickets to sell would be an even better plan. So they bought more tickets. Last night as Chris was trying to sell them on ebay or Hubstub, he realized that their great plan was thought of by everyone else too and the market was totally flooded with tickets. So they eventually sold all the tickets, but with some weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, buyers backing out, tickets that were sold to friends and then had to be taken down and all sorts of fun, finally the last of the tickets has been mailed. All in all we didn't lose too much money, but it certainly wasn't what they were hoping for. Oh well, what can you do. I hope they enjoy the game and have some fun in Kentucky.

As for me, it is definitely time to move Jordan out of our room. So far it hasn't been bad at all having her in there, but now that she is only waking once a night and is trying to find her fingers at night to suck on, it is time to move her upstairs. Hopefully Alex will be able to sleep through her crying and I will be able to get some better sleep.
Mama and Papa are in Vegas right now. Ricky (Chris' brother) called yesterday and we need to get started on Cathy's 50th birthday party for May. We need to make a big deal of it, not just because it is her 50th, but because she is the one that is always making a big deal about everyone else



and we rarely get to do a big ta do for her. I've got some cake ideas, but I still need to narrow them down.

Well this hasn't been too bad, and it will be great to have a record so here goes our life into blogging!!!
1 comment:
I am so happy that you started this. It always makes me so sad that we don't keep in better contact with you guys and now we can, I am so excited. We are very jealous that Sorensen gets to go to the BYU game, we'll look for him on t.v. We love you!
Post a Comment