Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today is our 8th anniversary. Hooray for us. This morning Chris surprised me by staying home and letting me sleep in. Quite possibly one of my favorite things in the whole world. He bought me the Pride and Prejudice and Pearl Harbor DVD's. Both of which I love to have on in the background while I am cleaning or working on a sewing project. Hooray for him. Before I knew that he was staying home, my goal for today was to do something for him in each of the love languages. I left a love letter on the table this morning (Words of Affirmation), I was going to have the house clean, which it hasn't been since I got home from vacation (Acts of Service). I got something nice for the both of us, but it hasn't gotten here yet (Receiving Gifts). (Physical touch), tonight, and then not having anything to do this afternoon so that when he got home we could spend time together (Quality Time). Since he stayed home that throws a wrench in it a little since it is already 1 pm and the house looks a wreck, but he is taking a nap right now and I should be able to get it straightened up at least. What a great 8 years it has been and I totally look forward to the next 8 years. Hooray for us. Included in today's blog are pictures from our announcement and our wedding picture. How time flies.

1 comment:

Chris and Sally said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 8 years. Chris and I also feel so blessed that it has been such a wonderful 8 years. Here's to many more.