Sunday, June 24, 2007

What a (Nightmare) week

This is a week that I would not care to redo. Of all the weeks in the year that Chris can't get sick, this would be the one that I would pick. So of course he got sick, really sick. Students got out of school last week, so this week Chris was busy getting grades and finishing up the school year with time sensitive stuff. Youth Conference is coming up this next week, and by virtue of being stake young mens president he is also co-in charge of that. Add to that the biggest Snowblitz event we have ever had, a health inspection for our snowblitz truck, and add a dash of a sick baby, and I think it adds up to a very nice recipe of yuckiness. Jordan was sick Sunday and Monday, and not keeping any food down, which really starts to grate on me, not only for the worries of her health, but because I get thrown up on every two hours and it's not just a little spit up, but the whole contents of her stomach every time. Tuesday morning Chris woke up and got ready for work, but said his stomach was bothering him. At 11 am he comes stumbling in the house and looks like the Angel of Death. He has been throwing up non stop at work and having bad diarrhea, and just generally looks horrible. So he continues to throw up all day and then seems to finally get a break around 4 pm. Papa comes and takes Michael to baseball since both Jordan and Chris are still trowing up, and then around 8 pm, Chris starts getting sick again. He is sick for almost 4 hours straight. At Midnight he comes in and wakes me up and tells me he needs to go to the emergency room. Since Jordan still won't take a bottle, I call up Harley and ask if he can take Chris. He comes over and around 5 am Chris gets back from the E.R. He suffers from migraines and since he couldn't keep his medicine down, and he was severely dehydrated, he had a head splitting headache and needs some fluids. They give him an I.V. and then some anti nausea drugs to help stop the vomiting. He ends up sleeping almost the entire day on Weds., but thankfully he isn't throwing up anymore. Brother Palmese and Brother Mabie come over and give him a blessing. Meanwhile Trey and I are getting ready for the big event on Thursday and I made 60 gallons of syrup and Trey made sure the 70 blocks of ice were ready for the event. We are supposed to be serving around 600 people in an hour and a half for the Chesterfield County Employee Appreciation Day. Chris starts coming out of the bedroom for a few minutes at a time to take a sip of Gatorade and give instructions. Thankfully Jennie came over that morning and took Michael and Alex to play at her house, so I was able to get things done. Thursday comes, Chris manages to crawl out of bed and go to work to finish up critical work, and then to the event and comes home and crashes. Friday was better, I took the kids to feed the ducks and Chris was feeling much better, although he was definitely hungry. We even managed to go out on a date to Bonefish for dinner. Saturday was spent getting ready for Youth Conference and Chris had to write a talk he was giving in church today. It was also Michael's last T-ball game for the YMCA. Overall I was pleased with how he preformed and how the program went. Now if we can just make it through this week with Chris being gone, July should be a great month with Chris off of school and able to get some writing done. All in all this is a week I would not choose to repeat, but everything got done and Chris is alive and 12lbs. lighter and we survived. Hallelujah.

No comments: