Well the day has finally come, 20 years earlier than I expected, but I got my dream sewing machine. Lame, I know that my dream machine is sewing machine, but this thing is sooooo cool. I actually got it a month ago, but Joe was buying my old machine for Jennie to have and i didn't want to spoil her surprise so I have had to keep mum about my new machine. It is the same one that my mom has. Husqvarna Viking Designer 1. It sews like a dream has 700+ stitches and embroiders beautifully. I have just finished going through all my mothers embroidery discs and I now have 200 full disks with like 20 to 40 designs on each disk. She originally sent me 350 disks, but as she is not very computer savvy a bunch of them only had one or two images so I consolidated them down to 200. Hooray for me. I originally went to the dealer to price out a new machine for Jennie. She whispered in my ear that she wanted a new one for her birthday, and so I told Joe I would go price one out. I went and found three different machines in different ranges that I thought would be nice. As I was walking around the store I sat down at the Designer 1 and talked about how my mom has one and that I love it. The clerk said that they just got a trade in back and were selling it for a jaw dropping price. $2300. I know you are just dying now, what sewing machine could possibly cost $2000, but originally this machine is $6000. The reason this one was cheap is that they have two newer models out one the same machine with a USB port instead of floppies, and another with even more supped up capabilities for $8000. My machine can upgrade to a USB port when I am ready and I just download upgrades for the sewing machine for the website so that I have the latest version. Well long story short I came home and racked my brain for every conceivable way I might be able to get this machine 20 years earlier than I expected. I thought I had a good solution which involved Cathy my mother in law being my back up in case I couldn't make payments and called an talked to her about it. They had a 12 months same as cash program, and I thought I would be able to come up with a good down payment and then would need her help if for whatever reason I didn't have enough portrait money come in to be my back up. I talked to Chris and he brought me back to reality and said that it wasn't an option right now. So I called Cathy back and told her that it wasn't going to work out. She called back a few hours later and said that she had talked to Harley and they were going to get it for me!!!!!!!! She has heard me covet this machine for the last 8 years and knew I really wanted it and is the greatest mother in law in the history of the world. She did say that it was my birthday and Christmas for the next ten years, but that is just fine with me. Hooray!! I sold my machine to Joe and got all my threads and set up for the machine and have been happily sewing away since. Yeah for Cathy!!!! I just got done printing off my designs and putting them in a binder so that I can flip through and know what I have and I am sooo excited. Shows how lame I am that a sewing machine can make me drool, but it is the coolest sewing machine you have ever seen. This thing is fantastic. Thank you Cathy, you are the best. I have to stop my rant and go get my kids breakfast before they mutiny. Hooray for me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment