Monday, August 6, 2007

Odds and Ends

We just had a fantastic time last night. We went over to the McQuades and they invited the Cahills over and we had a wonderful discussion about the church of the firstborn. We have talked about the subject before, but it was great to hear everyone's insight and see the fire light up in the Cahills. They have been members for four years now and are soooo wonderful. Kudos to Joe for following through on his inspiration

I also made a cake for Jennie for her birthday this Thursday. It was a little flower pot with bubble gum roses. It didn't like the car ride so much and was a little slumpy when we got there, but it still tasted fine. The kids stayed with Cathy and Harley while we were talking. It is so nice to have them close on occasions like this.

Michael and I have dentist appointments today. So far he has always done really well at them and been obedient and cooperative. Hopefully that will continue.

Chris went to visit Justin in Va Beach this past weekend. He is hopefully close to being done with the draft of his second book and so far of what I have read it is really great. I'm so proud of him. It made for a really long weekend for me, but this is his summer break, so he definitely deserves time off and away from home.

No comments: