Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The routine

Life is settling down into a routine now. We seem to have figured out a good bed time and a good wake up time. It is different now having to get up every single day for school. I can see how this will drag after a few months and why summer is such a break. I have gotten caught up for the most part on those things that I needed to get done but was putting off until school started. I am doing Grange Hall blankets for Jen.
She wanted some extra money and is selling them to her elementary school. It has been some nice extra money for me as well. After we get Michael off to the bus stop in the morning, Alex and I have reading time and I am trying to teach her the abc's. It was much easier with Michael. At 9 am Alex can watch a movie and Jordan wakes up and I feed her and get things organized for the day. We do any errands we have before Jordan's morning nap. Alex eats lunch and then has quiet time until Michael gets home. She can play upstairs or outside in the back yard or take a nap. Lately she had been taking a nap and tucking herself in. It's great. When Michael gets home we have a snack, do any paperwork from school and then the kids can play outside until dinner. Since we have met the kids and parents from the bus stop it has been interesting finding a balance in how far we will let our kids go and who they can play with. So far since we have some cool toys we have been the house that everyone comes to to play at, which is what I would prefer, but that means I am outside everyday patrolling kids and playing boss. Hopefully that will smooth out as well once I get to know the neighborhood kids better and they get to know our rules. After dinner and scriptures the kids can watch an hour of a movie and then it is time to get ready for bed at 7:30 and hopefully in bed and close to sleep by 8 pm. Then Chris and I talk and lately have been watching an episode of Battlestar Galactica, or reading. Then I try and get to bed by 9:30 since I am still waking up twice a night with Jordan. Once at midnight and then again around 5:30 am or so. I think it is getting old, but she stays in bed for 13 hours or so, so it isn't the end of the world.

4 comments:

Shannon Martin said...

So is this a product of the new machine-I think it looks great! I have just entered the phase you have with the kidsplaying with other kids outside and how far they can go. Makes me real nervous but I know I need to give them a little freedom. It is nice to get back into a routine.

Shannon Martin said...

Is this a result of your new sewing machine? It looks fabulous! Wow! Wish I lived closer so we could sew together. Isn't it nice to be back in a routine? I am still trying to pull myself out of bed in the morning to get Case to school by 8am but it is nice to be up and going!

Shannon Martin said...

Okay I just figured out why I keep commenting and recommenting because I thought it didn't work. I see the message at the top now and it makes sense. Here is to 3 comments by me! HAHA.

Chris and Amanda said...

Yes this is from my wonderful new machine. I wish I had a sewing buddy as well. There are no sewers here in Richmond and only one pitiful little fabric store. Even Walmart closed down their fabric department.