It was good but a little warm. Michael didn't have the first clue about what the coach was trying to tell him, but he's starting to catch on and had lots of fun running around and falling down. Saturday morning we had his first game.
They play three on three and don't keep score. It was really fun to watch actually and by the end of the game Michael knew which way he was supposed to be kicking the ball (a big improvement)It was much too hot for my tastes though. Which didn't bode well since I was in charge of the pig roast later in the day. The date of the pig roast was originally supposed to be the 15th of September, but two weeks ago the stake came down and said that it conflicted with an unannounced unplanned unscheduled High Priest Group social. So after much weeping and wailing we moved the roast to the 8th. Last week the stake came back and said they changed the social and that the 15th was fine again. AGHHHHHHH! Since it was only a week away we left the roast on the 8th and it's nice to be done. Chris had a youth dance and SYC meeting that he had to prepare for and left the roast at 5 pm. (It started at 4) But all in all the kids were good. Michael had fun on the horse and hay rides and Alex liked playing in the dirt and Jordan got passed around a lot and managed to survive. Next month we have the Halloween activity.
At the end of the pig roast Alex was climbing on some hay bales and fell off/slid down and landed in a pile of dirt/hay. She got a lot of it in her mouth. She cried and then got up and seemed fine and I was finally done cleaning up and we went home. Around 1 am this morning she was throwing up. This is her first time. Chris was taking care of her since he got home from the dance late and was watching the BYU football game. He said she was freaking out. Totally unprepared for what was happening and completely disoriented. I felt really bad. I didn't get up to help though because when I got home from the pig roast it was all I could do to get the kids a bath and to bed. I haven't ever had a migraine that bad in my life. If this is what Chris regularly has I feel so bad for him. I was laying in bed in agony it hurt so bad. I tried taking Tylenol when I got home since I am still nursing full time, but an hour later it seemed even worse. I crawled out of bed and found some left over childbirth pain medicine and took some and next thing I knew I heard Chris and Alex freaking out in the bathroom. I didn't want to move for fear of my head hurting like that again. Props to Chris for handling that all by himself. Alex has been fine this morning, so I assume she ingested some yucky stuff from the hay and after she threw it back up has been fine. All in all I have had better pig roast experiences. Oh well, I suppose there is always next year.


1 comment:
Too cute Amanda!
Jami
Post a Comment