Saturday, May 31, 2008

Joshua Wilton

I feel woefully behind on my updates. Chris and I had a fabulous time at the Joshua Wilton house. The ride up was nice, although we did hit a little traffic. We checked in and rested before dinner at 8 pm. Dinner was great. I got the steak and it was even better than anything I have had at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. We probably stayed at dinner for at least two hours and then stayed up talking for a while after that. The rooms were nicely decorated and quiet. Breakfast the next morning was at 9, and was also good. Jennie wasn't as happy about getting up. After breakfast we lounged around for while and then went to play mini golf at a nearby park. We only had time for 9 holes, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves even if some of us didn't preform marvelously. We had lunch at a local deli and then because they took their sweet time getting us our food we snuck all our food into the theater to watch Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. I was less than impressed with the ending. After the movie we headed home with a stop at P.F. Chang's for dinner and then to pick up the kids. Cathy and Harley said they did good, and even though Jordan had a few rough pots with Trey, I think everything went well overall. Definitely a nice little one day getaway.