Monday, July 9, 2007

Catch up

I'm not sure all that has happened since I last wrote. We are alive, Chris made it through Youth Conference and we have been having a nice time enjoying the summer and Chris' new schedule. It does seem to interrupt my writing time though. Usually I write while the kids are getting breakfast, and now that Chris is taking Michael to summer preschool, he gets them breakfast, and I haven't found a good time to write since we started this new routine. I have been doing a lot of portraits lately which is nice for the extra income. Hopefully I should be able to help out the family and save up for my girls retreat next year. I have been able to sew a little bit since the summer started and I have a few more dresses for Jennie's girls.

Let's see the 4th of July was nice, we went swimming at Ben and Jenn's house with the kids and they had a good time, although I got Michael and Jordan's immunizations the day before so both were a little off because of that. Alex is trying to get potty trained. We do pretty good with the pee part, but are still working on the poop part. She is at least cooperative though, so that helps for the most part. We went to Granny's 70th Birthday on Saturday. It was nice, but quick since Jordan was tired and needed a nap. Today is Harley's 53rd Birthday and we go over tonight to see them. Joe's Birthday was yesterday, but they were driving home from TN, so we haven't had a chance to see them yet, but we did go in and leave a banner which said happy birthday and we love you and a cake for him. They have been thinking about a possible job change; just outside of Nashville, TN near the temple has been on their hit list. We looked up about the possibility of following them and there were some job opportunities available for us as well, but the house they went to look at wasn't all it promised to be and I think the timetable has been pushed back a little. We'll see what the future brings.

No comments: